Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mangakas: Rinko Ueda

Rinko Ueda is one of my favourite mangakas. She has such suspenseful series, and she makes her characters grow too. The way she makes them grow is amazing. I recommend her to everyone. Most of her mangas are historical mangas (a bonus for me, since I love history!).


Rinko Ueda is from Nara Prefecture. She has created many mangas such as Tail of the Moon (also known as Tsuki no Shippo), Home, Stepping On Roses (also known as Hadashi de Bara wo Fume), Chupa!, and many more. For more information about her, click here. That link also contains a picture of the mangaka herself, which is very rare.


I discovered her through Tail of the Moon in the library (this was about two years ago). After reading the first volume, I became a die hard fan of hers. I showed Anna the first volume, and she soon became a fan. She later put holds on the rest of the copies, and most of the other girls in our class began reading this series.


My favourite series that she created is Stepping On Roses. I find it to be her best work so far. The summary at the back says:


"Poor Sumi Kitamura... Her irresponsible older brother Eisuke keeps bringing home orphans for her to take care of even though they can barely afford their own basic needs! Just when Sumi's financial problems become dire, wealthy Soichiro Ashida enters her life with a proposal: he'll provide her with the money she so desperately needs if she agrees to marry him. But can Sumi fool high society into thinking she's proper lady? Moreover, is it worth giving up everything for this sham of a marriage?" 


I just love this series! Words cannot explain how much I do. I've mentioned in my last mangaka post that this is the one series I cannot stop reading online. I really do want to read it in English and have the surprises come from the English tankobons, but the thing is, English tankobons are way too late from the Japanese ones. With a series this great, it's impossible to stop. I feel slightly terrible, but this series is way to good for me to not read any further!


My feelings for that series are also shared with her other series, Tail of the Moon. I had the exact same feelings when I read it. I've finally ruled out that I like Stepping On Roses much more.


So how many mangas do I own that are by Rinko Ueda?





Just the four volumes of Stepping On Roses that are out so far. I try to keep updated on when the next ones come out, since this series is popular. Volume 5 will be coming out next month, I think, and Anna and I are eagerly awaiting its release. I would love to own Tail of the Moon, but it's a pretty long series, with 15 books. I would take forever to complete that series.


After reading this, please try to read one of her series! If you're already a fan of hers, please continue to support her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment