Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9 Magnitude Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami

Today's post isn't about kawaii or otaku stuff, as you can tell from the title of the post.

We all probably know by now that an eathquake with an 8.9 on the richter scale hit Japan, causing a tsunami that ruined the lives of many Japanese.

I heard this news this morning while I was studying, and I immediately fled to the tv for more news. Before leaving for school, the death toll revealed that 30 lives have been confirmed as taken. Later at school on the tvs, the toll rose to 50. I heard it's risen to thousands now. Of course, this did upset me. Lives lost, the huge amount of damage, not only physical damage, but economical damage. How can this not be a catastrophe?

Lolitas, you know that Angelic Pretty and Baby the Stars Shine Bright both have a boutique in Sendai, the very heart of the destruction. This probably shatters your heart as it does mine.

The tv behind me is talking about the calamity in Sendai at the moment. The news has been flooded with information of the event.

What do I have to say about this massive destruction?
My heart goes out to all those who've lost their lives, and those who are coping with the post traumatic stress of this event. You have my full support, as a person who loves Japan. I don't have any direct relatives residing in Japan, and I don't have any direct friends in Japan, but I can say that I am sad for all the people who had to live through this. My condolences go to you all. You have my full support.

The waves are also said to hit Russia, America, Canada, Indonesia, and other areas connected to the Pacific Plate. At this moment, it is in my knowledge that Hawaii and the West Coast have already been hit. I had a hard time this morning, since I have relatives over there. I was counting down to the time it would hit the Hawaii and the West Coast. I've tried to contact them through social media, and have yet to recieve a response. I'll try to contact them via landline later.

Please continue to show Japan your support for them.


Angelic Pretty Sendai Store



Phtoto rights go to Angelic  Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment