Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mangakas: Arina Tanemura

Arina Tanemura is one of my favourite mangakas! She wrote so many wonderful series, and I hope she continues to do so.


She was born in Aichi, Japan, and began her career in 1996 by publishing some stories in Ribon.


Tanemura has a really big worldwide fan base. She has been to San Diego, and I remember reading in her side panels that she also has been to Germany. She probably wrote about other countries she's visited in her side panels.


In my eyes, I find her to be one of the best because she always pushes herself to the limit. Her artworks are extraordinarily detailed, and her art itself is fantastic! I really like the storylines too. They're very original, and with her main series, the concept isn't typical. Throughout the years, she has kept on improving her work, both in the art sense and story sense. If she can improve what she has now, I wonder what fantastic work she'll bring to the otaku world.




Titles of her works are:


  • The Style Of Second Love - 1996 (Japanese title: Nibanme no Koi Katachi) 
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne - 1998 
  • Short Tempered Melancholic - 1998 (Japanese title: Kanshaku Dama no Yuutsu) 
  • ION - 1997
  • Time Stranger Kyoko - 2000 (Japanese title: Jikuu Ihōjin Kyoko) 
  • Full Moon o Sagashite - 2001 (Japanese title: Furu Mun wo Sagashite) 
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross - 2004 (Japanese title: Shinshi Doumei Kurosu) 
  • Mistress Fortune - 2008 (Japanese title: Zettai Kakusei Tencshi Misutoresu Fochun) 
  • The Legend of Princess Sakura - 2011 (Japanese title: Sakura Hime Kaden)
*The years above are years of English release, if released in English at all.
    If I had to pick a favourite out of her works, I would have to say "The Legend of Princess Sakura", which by the way is coming to North America really soon! I'm looking forward to buying the series! When I read this series online, after finishing each chapter, my brain screamed, "NEXT CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER!" There was definitely suspense there. I screamed this all the way to chapter 12, where, at the time, there were no more updated scanslations. This was last year, and since then, I haven't kept up with the updates. I don't plan to either, since I found out that it was coming in English. Reading it online would just spoil the surprise for me when I read it from an actual manga. I really do hate that. Although I hate spoilers, there is one series that I always check for updates - Hadashi de Bara wo Fume, or in English, Stepping on Roses. 

    I will continue to support Tanemura sensei, and I hope that others will too!




    So far, this is all I have by Tanemura-sensei:



    *I should really start taking pictures with a real camera instead of cell phone (cries).

    I can't wait for The Legend of Princess Sakura!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment