Saturday, April 30, 2011

For The Sake of Remembering French

Because it's been almost a semester since I last took French, my French is starting to... dwindle. I cannot have that happen, because it will certainly useful on future trips and unexpected encounters requiring French. Believe me, I have actually had to use French for a real situation once. There was a lady working at a store selling slushies in Montreal, and couldn't speak English, so I had to order in French. Surprising, since Montreal is known for being fluent in both languages. French being useful isn't the sole purpose of its importance to me. It's also because I love languages, and I would heartbroken to have forgotten it.

My reason for creating this post was to say that from now on, I'll try my best to translate some of my posts into French. I wouldn't say I'm fluent in French, but after more than six years of learning it, I can say that I can understand most of what I read.

Parlez-vous en français?

No comments:

Post a Comment