Now that my exams are done, I'm glad I can start working on blogs!
I began 2011 thinking that I wouldn't have any resolutions planned out. Later, I became inspired by Decoden, which began my list of goals!
1. Begin my first decoden project!
-I was inspired to begin decoden after researching on the internet. I already knew it existed long ago, but after seeing pictures of it again just recently, I really think that it could be something fun to do! I'm hoping to buy the materials soon!
Here's a picture of one, taken from Chiralicious' blog:
2. Attend anime conventions!
-If I don't have any major responsibilities on May 27th to the 29th, I'll be able to go to Anime North! If not, hopefully I'll be free on August 25th to the 28th for FanExpo. There is an anime component, but FanExpo combines Comics, Sci Fi, Horror, and Gaming, so it's not too concentrated on anime. I saw FanExpo coverage on tv last year, but they only concentrated on the Comics, and I didn't see any coverage on anime. Another anime convention that's coming up soon is the Toronto AnimeCon (March 19th to 20). From what I've read by bloggers online, there's not very many attendees, when compared to Anime North. I'm still curious to find out what they have in store.
Here's a couple of pictures that I took at Anime North 2010! (I was too scared to ask people for their pictures. It was my first time at an anime convention!)
3. Learn as much Japanese as possible!
-I'm thinking about buying a "Teach Yourself Japanese" book. My friend is a step ahead of me when it comes to Japanese learning resources. She bought herself a Japanese dictionary jusr a few months ago. I did think about doing that earlier, but I never got around to it. I spent my money on manga. :D
4. Make lots of friends!
-I love speaking to people about similar interests! I've made lots of friends on different social networking sites. One of them is OtakuZone.
5. Buy more manga!
- My friends' collections as of today are within range of 80 - 175+. My collection isn't even within that range! D: I think that by the end of this year, I should be able to reach 80, depending on how I spend, and how often I shop. I really want to complete a lot of my series too. There's a lot of gaps in between the numbers. My Vampire Knight collection so far is missing #4 and 5. My Mixed Vegetables collection, however, only consists of #1 and 2. I have 7 more mangas to buy to complete the series!
6. Buy as many kawaii things as possible!
-I've been very successful with this one these past few years.
I made sure that these goals weren't too hard for me to keep this year. I definetly won't be struggling with the last two goals. I'll try my best to do them and write about them here whenever I can.